Water Savings Assistance Partnership Program
Thank you for participating in the ACWD and PG&E Water Savings Assistance Partnership Program (WSAPP) also known as “Water Coordination Program.” Due to COVID-19 we have adapted the water education portion of the program to be offered online.
Please see resources provided below:
- Help on Tap – Customer Assistance Program - As a recent WSAPP participant, you could be eligible for ACWD’s customer assistance program, Help on Tap (HOT). ACWD recognizes some customers may experience difficulty paying their water bills. The Help on Tap will provide income-qualified residential customers a credit on the bimonthly water service charge that will reduce your bill.
- Water Conservation Information
- Water Conservation Rebate Programs
- Water Conservation Tips for Your Landscaping Tri-Fold Flyer
- Finding and Fixing Leaks (webpage) (flyer)
- ACWD Water Quality Information
- ACWD Annual Water Quality Report
We want your feedback —
You may receive a call asking you to take a survey regarding the program; please answer honestly so we can make program adjustments if need. If you would like to provide feedback directly, please call (833) 434-2878 and leave a detailed message with your full name, address, and date of service. A call center representative will return your call shortly.
More about the Program —
ACWD is partnering with Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) through their Energy Saving Assistance(ESA) program to bring this program to you. ACWD is funding the additional water measures that are added to the ESA program. This program is administered by Richard Heath and Associates and performed by contractors like Bottom Line Utility Solution.
To Contact ACWD Water Conservation Team —
Water Conservation Hotline at 510-668-4218 or email the Water Conservation Team.