Development Services

ACWD’s Customer Service counter at our Grimmer Boulevard headquarters in Fremont is open weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and we are available to assist customers who wish to pay their bills and have account inquiries.

Customer Work Request Application
Use this application to request new or modified water services, such as installation, upgrade, relocation or removal of meters, fire services, or other field work by ACWD.

Fire Flow Test Application (PDF)

Are you working on a project which involves a new or modified fire service? Do you need to know the capacity of the water distribution system at a specific location? Fire Hydrant flow test information is typically needed for fire sprinkler system designs, water system designs, and insurance purposes.

Schedule of Development Fees and Charges (PDF)

Summary of common fees, charges and budgetary estimates related to new or modified water service.

GIS Maps and Record Drawing Request Form

ACWD has a new Public Records Request portal to request water-related records, including utility maps showing the general location of ACWD facilities in the vicinity of your project or site, or record engineering drawings showing the plan and profile of specific ACWD water facilities, pertaining to Fremont, Newark, or Union City.

Application for Public Water System Extension (PDF)

Applies only to projects involving a public water main extension. This application must be completed and submitted prior to review of improvement plans by ACWD.

Development Specifications for Public Water System Extensions (PDF)

General requirements, policies and procedures for Developers with projects which will include public water main extensions or new public water system construction. Includes the basis and application of ACWD's development related fees and charges.

Standard Specifications and Drawings
ACWD standards for construction of public water facilities. Includes Standard Specifications, Standard Drawings and Approved Materials.

Water Efficiency Measures for New Developments (PDF)

A listing of required and recommended water efficiency measures for residential and commercial developments.

Backflow Prevention
Requirements, information, and forms related to cross connection control and backflow prevention devices.

Hydrant Meter Request Form
Used when water is needed from existing fire hydrants (example, construction water, dust control, street sweeping, etc.).

Customer Satisfaction Surveys
Tell us how we're doing! If you've done business with ACWD's Development Services division, we'd greatly appreciate your feedback.