ACWD will start the AMI installation process in March 2021, and estimate that each installation will take no longer than an hour. Full implementation in Fremont, Newark, and Union City will be complete by December 2023.
MAR 2021 TO DEC 2023
INVESTING IN OUR COMMUNITY
STARTING MARCH 2021
The Alameda County Water District (ACWD) is investing in the future of our community by installing Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), which allows water meters to be read remotely. While droughts are expected in California, ACWD plans decades in advance to ensure that our water supply remains reliable, and this is part of our continued focus on water efficiency and long-range water supply planning.
HOW WILL THIS IMPACT YOU?
Temporary Water Stoppage: Water at your residence will be temporarily turned off — for no more than one hour unless otherwise communicated — for the installation of the AMI device. No action is required from you.
Clear a Path: Please trim any overgrown landscaping near your water meter box to provide easy installer access.
WE’LL NOTIFY YOU
Check Your Mail
Customers who will be the first to receive the AMI
technology will receive a letter in February 2021.
Open Your Door
Customers will receive a door hanger 5 to 10 working days in advance of the work
taking place and again once the work is completed.
Visit ACWD.ORG to track the progress of the project and
take our project survey. ACWD will also be hosting a virtual community meeting onMarch 10, 2021 at 6 p.m. PST for customers to share their feedback.
MORE INSTALLATION DETAILS
Our partners, Badger Meter and Professional Meters, Inc. (PMI) will upgrade or replace your water meter.
Look for Our Team
• Neon green ACWD/PMI uniforms and branded vehicles
• Installers will carry a badge and letter to authenticate their work on the project
CDC Guidelines Followed
COVID-19 safety guidelines will be followed.
• Detect potential leaks early
• Easy-to-use online portal (coming later this year to ACWD.ORG)
• View up-to-date water usage at any time throughout the billing cycle
• Encourage efficient water use
• Understand your water use on a daily basis
• View water efficiency tips via new customer portal
• Find out about ACWD’s water conservation programs and apply for them through the new online customer portal
• Reduce our carbon footprint with fewer trucks on the road since water meters will be
read remotely instead of manually
Together, through the use of this smart technology, we can work toward achieving ACWD’s water conservation goals and improving water supply reliability for our community while saving money through operational efficiencies.
Your feedback matters, and there are many opportunities to share your thoughts with us as we embark upon this important community improvement project.
For More Information: ACWD.ORG/AMI
Installer Hotline: (844) 280-6521