Current Consultant & Services Opportunities
The following is a list of various consultant and service opportunities related to the implementation of the District’s Capital Improvement Program.
Request for proposal for:
Engineering Consulting services In support of the:
Arc Flash Study including: Site Surveys, Calculations, & Labeling
The goal of this project is to complete an arc flash and shock hazard evaluation, calculations and labeling for all District facilities. The District has approximately 84 facilities with electrical infrastructure which range from 12,000 volt large complex systems to 120/240 volt simple systems. District facilities are located in the cities of Fremont, Newark, and Union City.
Proposal Briefing Meeting and Additional Information
A project briefing meeting will be conducted online and additional documents are available as part of the RFP. Access to the briefing meeting and the additional documents require completion and submission of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). This NDA is found in the appendices of the Request for Proposal. The NDA must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “10104 Arc Flash Study”.
District facilities located in the cities of Fremont, Newark, and Union City.
Non-mandatory project briefing via Zoom conference, September 17, 2020; 10:00 am PST.
RFP Due Date: October 1, 2020; 2:00 pm PST
If you have questions, please contact:
Project Manager, Joey Correia, at email@example.com
ACWD Clean Energy Program: Multi-Site Solar Photovoltaic Project
On behalf of Alameda County Water District, you are hereby notified of the release of the Request for Proposals (RFP) for the ACWD Clean Energy Program: Multi-Site Solar Photovoltaic Project. The District is soliciting proposals for a 25-year Power Purchase Agreement to finance, design, permit, build, commission, own, operate, and maintain multiple solar photovoltaic systems located on up to seven (7) District-owned sites.
- The main RFP document and the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) are available through the following link: https://sagerenew.egnyte.com/fl/YDAvilDIAH
- The full RFP document library includes critical informational materials necessary to prepare and submit a proposal and is only available to registrants. Interested firms must sign the NDA provided through the link above and email Sage Energy Consulting to register. Email requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “ACWD PV RFP – Access Request” and must include the executed NDA as an attachment. The request should also include name, title, firm, email address, and contact phone number. After submitting the request, firms will receive an email with login information via Egnyte, the web-based platform that hosts the RFP documents. One access login will be provided per interested firm and may be shared throughout the firm. Firms that have sent a request and have not received an email via Egnyte within one business day should contact email@example.com. Emails from Egnyte occasionally end up in spam folders; please check before emailing.
Proposers must meet minimum qualifications. Failure to meet minimum qualifying criteria may render a proposal non-responsive. Minimum qualifications include the following criteria, plus ten (10) additional criteria listed in the RFP.
- Within the last five (5) years, Proposer has designed, constructed, and achieved Commercial Operation for at least three (3) ground-mount or roof-mount solar PV projects of 1,000 kW DC or larger for a California public agency.
- Within the last five (5) years, Proposer has financed or secured financing of at least three (3) PPA projects for California public agencies, with each project an aggregate of at least 1,000 kW DC, that the Proposer currently owns and/or operates under a PPA.
- Proposer must possess a valid Class A general engineering contractor’s license and either a C-10 electrical contractor’s license or a C-46 solar contractor’s license issued by the California Contractors State License Board, at the time of the Proposal.
- If providing a proposal for floating solar, within the last five (5) years Proposer has designed, constructed, and achieved Permission to Operate (PTO) from a California Investor-Owned Utility for at least one (1) floating solar PV project. Note, this requirement may be met by a teaming partner that would have a substantial role in the floating solar scope.
ACWD Clean Energy Program Multi-Site PV RFP Addendum No. 1
Addendum No. 1 has been issued on July 22, 2020
Addendum No. 1, which is available in the Addenda folder of the RFP file server, consists of the following:
- Answers provided to Proposer questions received through 7/20/2020.
- Extension of the Proposal due date to 9/15/2020.
- Extension of the date to request photos and questions from the Proposers has been extended to 8/11/2020.
- Date for Response to Proposers Questions has been extended to 8/20/2020
- Table 1-1: Project Milestone Schedule has been updated.
- A revised AttA4 – ACWD PV Drawings and Site Details has been provided, correcting the dates for when PV construction can begin at Alameda and Decoto Reservoirs following roof replacements ad seismic upgrades.
- A Pre-Proposal Conference 2020-07-15 folder has been added to the RFP server and includes a list of attendees, a video of the Pre-Proposal Conference, and a pdf version of the presentation from the Pre-Proposal Conference.
ACWD Clean Energy Program Multi-Site PV RFP Addendum No. 2
Addendum No. 2 to the Request for Proposals (RFP) for Power Purchase Agreement in Support of the ACWD Clean Energy Program: Multi-Site Photovoltaic Project (Job 10093) was issued on July 8, 2020.
Addendum No. 2, which is available in the Addenda folder of the Sage RFP file server, consists of answers to Proposer questions, corrections, and amendments to the RFP.
- Answers provided to Proposer questions received through 8/4/2020.
- A revised RFP Main Body has been provided, clarifying the requirement that base proposals must include all sites except for the optional Pits T1/T2 site and describing an optional Additive Alternate for proposals that include only a subset of the available sites.
- A new file has been added to Att D2 – As-Built Drawings – CONFIDENTIAL that shows the water surface elevation levels for Pits T1/T2 over time.
- Detailed photos of the equipment racks at the Headquarters site have been added to Att D6 – Photo Gallery – CONFIDENTIAL.
- Additional photos of Pits T1/T2 showing the access point for Pit T1 have been added to Att D6 – Photo Gallery – CONFIDENTIAL.
ACWD Clean Energy Program Multi-site PV RFP Addendum No. 3
In Support of the ACWD Clean Energy Program: Multi-Site Photovoltaic Project (Job 10093) issued on July 8, 2020.
Addendum No. 3, which is available in the Addenda folder of the RFP file server, consists of answers to Proposer questions, corrections, additions, and amendments to the RFP.
- Answers provided to Proposer questions received through 8/11/2020
- Revisions to Addendum No.2
- Revisions to the RFP Main Body, clarifying how lifetime energy cost savings will be calculated
- Revisions to Attachment B2 – ACWD Cost Proposal Form regarding interconnection costs, switchgear upgrade costs, and ITC-eligible and non-ITC eligible project development costs
- Comments to District Board of Directors received after the proposer question deadline
- Addition of PG&E Supplemental Reviews and Initial Reviews
Proposers will be required to acknowledge and certify receipt of all issued addenda with the submission of proposal(s) per RFP Attachment B1.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sage Team