Current Consultant & Services Opportunities
The following is a list of various consultant and service opportunities related to the implementation of the District’s Capital Improvement Program.
Request for proposal for:
Engineering Consulting services In support of the:
ACWD Clean Energy Program: Multi-Site Solar Photovoltaic Project
On behalf of Alameda County Water District, you are hereby notified of the release of the Request for Proposals (RFP) for the ACWD Clean Energy Program: Multi-Site Solar Photovoltaic Project. The District is soliciting proposals for a 25-year Power Purchase Agreement to finance, design, permit, build, commission, own, operate, and maintain multiple solar photovoltaic systems located on up to seven (7) District-owned sites.
- The main RFP document and the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) are available through the following link: https://sagerenew.egnyte.com/fl/YDAvilDIAH
- The full RFP document library includes critical informational materials necessary to prepare and submit a proposal and is only available to registrants. Interested firms must sign the NDA provided through the link above and email Sage Energy Consulting to register. Email requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “ACWD PV RFP – Access Request” and must include the executed NDA as an attachment. The request should also include name, title, firm, email address, and contact phone number. After submitting the request, firms will receive an email with login information via Egnyte, the web-based platform that hosts the RFP documents. One access login will be provided per interested firm and may be shared throughout the firm. Firms that have sent a request and have not received an email via Egnyte within one business day should contact email@example.com. Emails from Egnyte occasionally end up in spam folders; please check before emailing.
Mandatory Pre-Proposal Conference Webinar Registration
A mandatory pre-proposal conference and virtual site walk will be held on Wednesday, July 15, at 1:00pm PDT. Interested firms must pre-register by 5:00pm on Tuesday, July 14, 2020. Attendees must register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YCwuJXVkTXC4zsWig1FpfQ and will be provided with webinar conference login details after registering.
Proposers must meet minimum qualifications. Failure to meet minimum qualifying criteria may render a proposal non-responsive. Minimum qualifications include the following criteria, plus ten (10) additional criteria listed in the RFP.
- Within the last five (5) years, Proposer has designed, constructed, and achieved Commercial Operation for at least three (3) ground-mount or roof-mount solar PV projects of 1,000 kW DC or larger for a California public agency.
- Within the last five (5) years, Proposer has financed or secured financing of at least three (3) PPA projects for California public agencies, with each project an aggregate of at least 1,000 kW DC, that the Proposer currently owns and/or operates under a PPA.
- Proposer must possess a valid Class A general engineering contractor’s license and either a C-10 electrical contractor’s license or a C-46 solar contractor’s license issued by the California Contractors State License Board, at the time of the Proposal.
- If providing a proposal for floating solar, within the last five (5) years Proposer has designed, constructed, and achieved Permission to Operate (PTO) from a California Investor-Owned Utility for at least one (1) floating solar PV project. Note, this requirement may be met by a teaming partner that would have a substantial role in the floating solar scope.
Schedule of Key Procurement Activities
- RFP released: 7/8/2020
- Deadline to RSVP for pre-proposal conference and virtual site walk webinar: 5:00pm on 7/14/2020
- Mandatory pre-proposal conference and virtual site walk webinar: 1:00 pm on 7/15/2020
- Proposer questions due: 5:00pm on 7/23/2020
- Response to questions and amendments published: 7/31/2020
- Notice of intent to submit proposal: 4:00pm on 8/17/2020
- RFP responses due: 4:00pm on 8/18/2020
- Top vendor notified: Week of 8/31/2020
- Target contract award: 11/12/2020
Submit Questions Concerning this RFP and related matters no later than Thursday, July 23, 2020, at 5:00pm via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “ACWD Solar PV RFP – Questions.”
The Sage Team